As a contribution to the traveling world, Ryan and I decided to create this new series, called “Top Things Chosen by Travelers Around the World”. This series will feature interesting travel topics and top picks from travelers around the world (it could be you!)
Each week, we will choose a topic. Here are some examples:
- Top 3 must-have travel gear chosen by travelers around the world
- Top 3 ethnic food chosen by travelers around the world
- Top 3 things to see in Paris chosen by travelers around the world
- Favorite travel quote chosen by travelers around the world
- Top 3 castles chosen by travelers around the world
- Top 5 beaches chosen by travelers around the world
- Top 5 travel blogs chosen by travelers around the world
During that week we will gather opinions from travelers around the world. If you are interested in contributing, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Please include your email address, so we can give you more information. Please send your top picks to my email to keep the originality, uniqueness, and surprise value. In general, we will need from you:
- Your answers
- Your (alias) name (Optional if you have a blog)
- Your blog name with the link
- Optionally, you can send a picture to illustrate your answer (you must the have permit to use the picture)
After a week, every Monday, we will publish the results. For each contributor, we will have your top # items posted with your (alias) name and blog name (including a link to your blog!), and the picture if available.
Our first series will be published Monday, May 17th 2010, 9 a.m. PST. Please send me the answer 24 hours before (Sunday, May 16th 2010, 9 a.m. PST) to give me enough time to assemble the post and just in the case I don’t have internet connection near the publishing deadline. If you miss the deadline, I will still try to incorporate your inputs to the post if possible up to 24 hours after the publishing time.
Our first topic:Top 3 must-have travel gear chosen by travelers around the world
- What are the top 3 things you absolutely must have with you when you travel? Was there anything you didn’t know you’d need, but when you started traveling found you couldn’t live without it?
- For example, here are my 3 top picks: Waterproof camera, universal adapter, and sarong (I can wear it, lay on it, use to wrap stuff, etc)
- And here are Ryan’s top picks: Pants with secret pockets (from REI), Swiss card, tiny shoe horn
Are you interested to be featured? Give me a shout right now! You can reach me by commenting this post, email, Twitter, and Facebook. Just remember not to post publicly the your top picks. I’ll send you the email right away! Let me know as well if you want to participate every week in this series!