Palma Cathedral, or Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, or as people call it “La Seu”, is a Gothic Roman Catholic cathedral in the island of Majorca, Spain. Sitting in one of the Balearic Island in the western Mediterranean Sea, the cathedral’s construction was started on the 1229, but not finished until 4 centuries after. Just like other typical gothic cathedrals in Europe, the size of La Seu is massive! With a length of 121 m and height of the nave 44 m, this cathedral made me feel supersmall being inside it. In the day time, you can visit the cathedral to see the greatness of the interior designs and the luxuriously creepy holy relics, including some saint’s bones inside decorated glass cases. At night, enjoy relaxing across the reflecting pool to see the perfect mirror image of this gorgeously illuminated cathedral on the water surface. It’s romantic.
Leave a Reply
Get free updates by email!
- Paddleboarding 101: How to Paddleboard from Honduras to Belize 14 April 2011
- Travel Photo Roulette Round 30: Silhouettes 9 November 2011
- Best of Mexico by Travelers Around the World 26 April 2011
- New Zealand’s South Island: Our two week road trip itinerary 8 July 2010
- How well traveled are you in your home country? 6 January 2011
- An Eerie Beauty – St John Parish Church’s Cemetery in Barbados 1 August 2012
- Loving the slow food in British Columbia 22 July 2012
- Cycling over Spectacular Railway Bridges: the Kettle Valley Trestles near Kelowna 19 July 2012
- Desserts for Breakfast in Shuswap BC 13 July 2012
- Exploring the Waterfalls of Wells Gray 11 July 2012
- Youssef OUASSOU: Some nice and alive photos!...
- Alica: OMG, this is gorgeous. I am so waiting for sunset ...
- cathy: Venir a Bruxelles pour voir l\'atomium si vous vou...
- Ryan: Hi Meghan. Our little campervan had no shower, of...
- Sean Sede: Old city is the one of my favorite travel spot, ni...
adventure Africa America animal Asia Australasia Australia backpacking BC beach British Columbia Canada Caribbean Central America church contest cruise Europe ExploreBC featured food France Friday-Photo Greece Indonesia island kangaroo Monaco nature New Zealand night-scene North-America North-Island Paris photo contest photography road-trip South Island Spain sunset Sydney top-things travel travelers Turkey