Eerie… The feeling crept up on us as we entered the yard behind an old church in Barbados, that turned out to be a cemetery. The perfect blue sky contrasted with the abandoned-looking tombstones. Grass grew tall and ragged, while bare, leafless trees shadowed the graves. Shrubs stood blood red, as if saying, I was alive once. It felt uncannily like we’d stepped into the setting of a horror movie. Even the tropical sun of Barbados couldn’t stop me from shivering. Surreal.
Leave a Reply
Get free updates by email!
- Paddleboarding 101: How to Paddleboard from Honduras to Belize 14 April 2011
- Travel Photo Roulette Round 30: Silhouettes 9 November 2011
- Best of Mexico by Travelers Around the World 26 April 2011
- New Zealand’s South Island: Our two week road trip itinerary 8 July 2010
- How well traveled are you in your home country? 6 January 2011
- An Eerie Beauty – St John Parish Church’s Cemetery in Barbados 1 August 2012
- Loving the slow food in British Columbia 22 July 2012
- Cycling over Spectacular Railway Bridges: the Kettle Valley Trestles near Kelowna 19 July 2012
- Desserts for Breakfast in Shuswap BC 13 July 2012
- Exploring the Waterfalls of Wells Gray 11 July 2012
- Hannah @Getting Stamped: We are heading to Vancouver in September this look...
- Trish Mendoza: Barcelona will always be home of beautiful archite...
- Youssef OUASSOU: Some nice and alive photos!...
- Alica: OMG, this is gorgeous. I am so waiting for sunset ...
- cathy: Venir a Bruxelles pour voir l\'atomium si vous vou...
adventure Africa America animal Asia Australasia Australia backpacking BC beach British Columbia Canada Caribbean Central America church contest cruise Europe ExploreBC featured food France Friday-Photo Greece Indonesia island kangaroo Monaco nature New Zealand night-scene North-America North-Island Paris photo contest photography road-trip South Island Spain sunset Sydney top-things travel travelers Turkey