Eerie… The feeling crept up on us as we entered the yard behind an old church in Barbados, that turned out to be a cemetery. The perfect blue sky contrasted with the abandoned-looking tombstones. Grass grew tall and ragged, while bare, leafless trees shadowed the graves. Shrubs stood blood red, as if saying, I was alive once. It felt uncannily like we’d stepped into the setting of a horror movie. Even the tropical sun of Barbados couldn’t stop me from shivering. Surreal.
Leave a Reply
Get free updates by email!
- Paddleboarding 101: How to Paddleboard from Honduras to Belize 14 April 2011
- Travel Photo Roulette Round 30: Silhouettes 9 November 2011
- Best of Mexico by Travelers Around the World 26 April 2011
- New Zealand’s South Island: Our two week road trip itinerary 8 July 2010
- How well traveled are you in your home country? 6 January 2011
- An Eerie Beauty – St John Parish Church’s Cemetery in Barbados 1 August 2012
- Loving the slow food in British Columbia 22 July 2012
- Cycling over Spectacular Railway Bridges: the Kettle Valley Trestles near Kelowna 19 July 2012
- Desserts for Breakfast in Shuswap BC 13 July 2012
- Exploring the Waterfalls of Wells Gray 11 July 2012
- cathy: Venir a Bruxelles pour voir l\'atomium si vous vou...
- Ryan: Hi Meghan. Our little campervan had no shower, of...
- Sean Sede: Old city is the one of my favorite travel spot, ni...
- Dubai Desert Safari: Sounds charming...will be seeing all these when i ...
- William Luts: Cool place and beautiful, very attractive. I love ...
adventure Africa America animal Asia Australasia Australia backpacking BC beach British Columbia Canada Caribbean Central America church contest cruise Europe ExploreBC featured food France Friday-Photo Greece Indonesia island kangaroo Monaco nature New Zealand night-scene North-America North-Island Paris photo contest photography road-trip South Island Spain sunset Sydney top-things travel travelers Turkey