Beautiful isn’t it, and peaceful. But the phototaking was not as peaceful as the result. We found this small and deserted dock along the river, and parked ourselves there. A few seconds later, a couple of thugs (okay, they were a woman and a little kid) insisted we had to pay 20 baht if we are taking photograph there. We kept answering back “who are you?” and “can we see the ticket?”, finally she gave up and left. But we didn’t stay there for long, afraid she was going to be back with bigger thugs.
Leave a Reply
Get free updates by email!
- Paddleboarding 101: How to Paddleboard from Honduras to Belize 14 April 2011
- Travel Photo Roulette Round 30: Silhouettes 9 November 2011
- Best of Mexico by Travelers Around the World 26 April 2011
- New Zealand’s South Island: Our two week road trip itinerary 8 July 2010
- How well traveled are you in your home country? 6 January 2011
- An Eerie Beauty – St John Parish Church’s Cemetery in Barbados 1 August 2012
- Loving the slow food in British Columbia 22 July 2012
- Cycling over Spectacular Railway Bridges: the Kettle Valley Trestles near Kelowna 19 July 2012
- Desserts for Breakfast in Shuswap BC 13 July 2012
- Exploring the Waterfalls of Wells Gray 11 July 2012
- cathy: Venir a Bruxelles pour voir l\'atomium si vous vou...
- Ryan: Hi Meghan. Our little campervan had no shower, of...
- Sean Sede: Old city is the one of my favorite travel spot, ni...
- Dubai Desert Safari: Sounds charming...will be seeing all these when i ...
- William Luts: Cool place and beautiful, very attractive. I love ...
adventure Africa America animal Asia Australasia Australia backpacking BC beach British Columbia Canada Caribbean Central America church contest cruise Europe ExploreBC featured food France Friday-Photo Greece Indonesia island kangaroo Monaco nature New Zealand night-scene North-America North-Island Paris photo contest photography road-trip South Island Spain sunset Sydney top-things travel travelers Turkey